About Me

My photo
I have always been interested in fashion and dressing up for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I always made it a point to “match” everything, and even wore dresses everyday to school for my entire 2nd grade school year. This interest has stuck with me to the present day and has grown into something that I have become very passionate about. I plan to take this passion and turn it into a career. I attend FIDM LA as a Fashion Design major. Coming from a small town and living with a small budget, I have to be creative in achieving the kind of style I like. This blog is a side project that shows that fashion can be affordable by posting my favorite outfits, DIY sewing projects, and documents my journey at FIDM.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's

The Chanel designer's collection was revealed yesterday. Prices for each piece range from $50-$170. A small price to pay for such beautifully designed clothes! Here are a few of my favorites:



To see the full collection, click here.

-M<3

2 comments:

  1. do you feel a sort of disappointment that you cant enjoy the fun of a full winter wardrobe with heavy coats and other stylish things because of the weather in AZ? Do you think that people that have four distinct seasons benefit the most from fashion because of the ability to change things up quarterly? How can someone with only two seasons year round make the most of what they have? Do you often have to give up things you might really want to experiment with because of weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no. Outerwear is very expensive, and I don't like to feel constricted in my clothes, so I am glad that I have more styling options in the winter here. Last winter however was a big dissapointment to me. It was never cold enough to wear any of my coats or boots, so it never really felt like winter, which in turn made me feel like I was missing out on the trends. People who are lucky enough to experience the four true seasons-I wouldn't say they benefit the most because you can wear 80% of your wardrobe all year long as long as you style it right. The only benefit of having a wider variety of weather is to possibly have a bigger wardrobe ;]. Like I said before, it is all about how you style it. When experiencing only two seasons, I would suggest buying a lot of basics, and then buying the accessories(hats, shoes, scarfs) to abide by each season.

    ReplyDelete