About Me

My photo
I have always been interested in fashion and dressing up for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I always made it a point to “match” everything, and even wore dresses everyday to school for my entire 2nd grade school year. This interest has stuck with me to the present day and has grown into something that I have become very passionate about. I plan to take this passion and turn it into a career. I attend FIDM LA as a Fashion Design major. Coming from a small town and living with a small budget, I have to be creative in achieving the kind of style I like. This blog is a side project that shows that fashion can be affordable by posting my favorite outfits, DIY sewing projects, and documents my journey at FIDM.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pretty in Pink










(Shirt and Shoes-Salvation Army $4 each, Skirt-F21 $10.50, Earrings-Gifted, Chanel "Chance" Lotion-$46, Nail Polish-Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Fuchsia Flare-$2. Total Cost= $20.50)

It was way too hot to take pictures outside. This was the D.I.Y shirt I have been working on for the past two weeks, first mentioned in this post. The shirt was originally plain pink, and I hand sewed the sequins on. I also had to sort through a bag with a bunch of other colors, so needless to say this project was tedious and time consuming! The end result is definitely worth it though. I am thinking about adding some sparkle to other plain pieces in my wardrobe...I have been bitten by the sequin bug! ;]

-M<3

No comments:

Post a Comment