About Me

My photo
I have always been interested in fashion and dressing up for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I always made it a point to “match” everything, and even wore dresses everyday to school for my entire 2nd grade school year. This interest has stuck with me to the present day and has grown into something that I have become very passionate about. I plan to take this passion and turn it into a career. I attend FIDM LA as a Fashion Design major. Coming from a small town and living with a small budget, I have to be creative in achieving the kind of style I like. This blog is a side project that shows that fashion can be affordable by posting my favorite outfits, DIY sewing projects, and documents my journey at FIDM.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Fun

It's summer, and there is never a more perfect time to have a little fun with the things you wear. Because of the heat that inevitably comes along with it, fashion rules during this time are meant to be broken. July in particular has been a fun month, and I have been expressing these elated feelings onto my nails. Here are a few of my fun and care-free nail art ideas I have been loving lately:

Ombre nails made famous by Lauren Conrad. Image from Google.

 What's better than ombre nails? Ombre sparkle nails!This image and next two from this post by Whitney Port.

 Adorable rose nails
Can't forget about the popular "crackle" nail trend

 Pac Man nails I recently did for an 80's themed party. You can watch a tutorial here.
 Other hand
Pac Man nails together



My current nails. Simple yet fun! I love pairing a glitter polish with any color. Here I used Essie's Sand Tropez and Sally Hansen's Set the Stage.

-M<3


No comments:

Post a Comment