About Me

My photo
I have always been interested in fashion and dressing up for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I always made it a point to “match” everything, and even wore dresses everyday to school for my entire 2nd grade school year. This interest has stuck with me to the present day and has grown into something that I have become very passionate about. I plan to take this passion and turn it into a career. I attend FIDM LA as a Fashion Design major. Coming from a small town and living with a small budget, I have to be creative in achieving the kind of style I like. This blog is a side project that shows that fashion can be affordable by posting my favorite outfits, DIY sewing projects, and documents my journey at FIDM.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Collaborate and Listen

It is an exciting time for big name department stores. Though celebrities and designers have worked with stores such as H&M and Target in the past, Fall 2011 has scored some of the biggest collaborations we have seen yet.


The Kardashians "Komplete Kollection" just hit Sears department stores. The girls designed not only clothing items, but shoes, handbags, and even sunglasses! You can currently receive 30% off when you buy online. Prices for women's apparel range from $42-$99, which is a little higher than Sears' average. Go here to check it out.

Karl Lagerfeld for Macy's was recently revealed, and it set to come out at the end of this month. See my favorites here, and the full collection here.

Another recently announced designer that will be launching a collection later this season for Macy's as well is none other than Giambattista Valli. This collection will hit stores on October 26, and prices will range from $50-$150. Read Fashionista.com's article about the collab here.

Target does it again by pairing up with another successful designer. This time, its Missoni. The 400 piece collection has been revealed and can been seen in its entirety here. Now we just have to wait until it is released in stores on September 13th.

Just announced today, Leigh Lezark will be next in line to have a collaboration available for purchase at H&M. She will be hand picking her favorite pieces from past and current collections, along with limited edition items. No pictures of any pieces she has decided on have been revealed yet, but what has been leaked is where you will be able to purchase it at. Unfortunately, the pieces will only be sold at H&M's new "shop within a shop" at Selfridges in London.


Time to mark your calenders and start saving up! Who says you need money to have style? Which collaboration are you most excited for?

-M<3

No comments:

Post a Comment