About Me

My photo
I have always been interested in fashion and dressing up for as long as I can remember. When I was little, I always made it a point to “match” everything, and even wore dresses everyday to school for my entire 2nd grade school year. This interest has stuck with me to the present day and has grown into something that I have become very passionate about. I plan to take this passion and turn it into a career. I attend FIDM LA as a Fashion Design major. Coming from a small town and living with a small budget, I have to be creative in achieving the kind of style I like. This blog is a side project that shows that fashion can be affordable by posting my favorite outfits, DIY sewing projects, and documents my journey at FIDM.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The time has come!

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since my last post, but life has gotten pretty hectic lately. My application process to FIDM is officially complete and I am preparing to move to LA in just over a week! Before that however, I will be going up there this week to check out the school, the apartment complex I will be staying at, and the surrounding area just to get a feel for things before the actual move-in next week. In the meantime, if you are a current FIDM student or are planning to attend any of the campuses, here are a few things that I have stumbled upon recently that have really helped answer a lot of my questions(and raised some more!):

If you have a Facebook, check out the two groups FIDM and FIDM Dolls. You can talk to current and future students and get to know them before starting school. You can also find people who are living in the same housing complex as you if you are going through school housing, or for possible roommates. Everyone that is apart of these groups is super nice and are probably in a very similar situation as you!

The next is a Youtube Vlog from the user allthingsbeautifulll. She had the brilliant idea(though probably isn't the first) to document the key parts of her process of attending FIDM(before and after acceptance). I learned a few things from her, maybe you can too! Don't forget to look for other Vlog's from students that are the same major so that they can be even more useful to you. If you can't make it out to the campus/area that you are planning to move to before hand, I found a couple videos of the apartments I will be living at just to get a sneek peak.

I hope to be posting more regularly once I get situated in California, and incorporate more posts about FIDM to try to help future students out.

-M<3

1 comment: